Nerve functioning, blood-cell production and brain health can be now efficiently maintained with healthy vitamin-B12. Vitamin B12 test is usually suggested to those patients who lack in this specific nutrient.
Signs for which the test is needed:
- Balance issues or problems.
- Appetite loss.
- Racing heart.
- Tingling sensation at feet and hands.
If you are facing these symptoms then you are definitely in need of vitamin B12 examination. This test is conducted in the same manner like that of Vitamin D test. Some patients having deficiency of vitamin-B12 might also experience some other signs like pale skin, exhaustion, bleeding gums, inflamed red-tongue, constipation or diarrhea and many more.
How this test is performed?
- Blood test: After a well-hydrated day, the test needs to be conducted. But for that, fasting for almost 8-hours is needed. The blood is carefully and safely collected so that it can be sent to lab for thorough checking.
- Home test: Home-based test can be conducted by using DIY kit. The Kit can be easily bought online. In this case, urine is tested for finding out MMA presence. Early phases of MMA lead to the deficiency of vitamin-B12. Test-strips can be dipped in urine for fulfilling the purpose of sampling.
Suitable candidates of this test:
Vitamin-B12 is such a nutrient that comes from external source especially from different kinds of animal products including diary, fish and meat. Those candidates who usually face the deficiency of this particular nutrient are as below.
- Diabetic patients.
- Strict vegans.
- Aged adults.
- Patients already experienced gastric-bypass surgeries.
Vitamin-B12 levels of new breastfeeding mothers experiencing above signs also need to be checked once. This is necessary not only for protecting mothers but also for protecting their infants. Development issues and neurological damages are quite common in infants due to lack of vitamin-B12. Vitamin-B132 examination is completely painless and thus the patients will not experience any pain at all.
What is included within this test?
Vitamin-B12 exam is nothing but a normal blood-test. Fasting is not necessary for this test rather it can be conducted randomly at any point of time. If your doctor says to get your glucose or cholesterol checked along with this test then you have to fast before attending the procedure. If you are into any supplementation or medication then it needs to be informed to doctor so that the test can be conducted correctly. Swine flu test is appropriate for those patients who have been detected with swine-flue along with vitamin-B12 deficiency.
What doctors suggest on the basis of test reports?
- If healthy vitamin-B12 levels are found then only having balanced-diet is necessary. Dairy, meat and fish need to be taken in good amounts for maintaining a perfect diet on a daily basis.
- B12 supplements are often recommended by doctors if levels are found lower. Sometimes, few dietary changes are also added for speedy increase of vitamin-B12 level.
Supplements for aged patients are different from that of young ones. This is the reason before prescribing the supplements doctors consider the patient’s age. Healthy-diet maintenance is for everyone who suffers from low level.
Joy Morgan is a passionate blogger and writer with 6 years of experience. He loves to write and read about Health and Lifestyle. He also associated with a ShanPar Industries which is leading supplier of magnesium lactate dehydrate .